Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Sunday, March 05, 2006



I've joined the iPod cult

I truly did try to resist. I refused to become another brand buyer, conspicuous consumer, one of the seemingly mindless sheep. Instead a couple of years ago, I went with the Samsung YP 35 mp3 player, which held about 20-25 songs. But hey, that was all the tunes I needed to get through my morning and evening commutes. And it was less than $70. Then one day I couldn't transfer songs on it, so I replaced it with another YP. But this one started acting up, and then late last year, I came across the SanDisk (red) which held about 50 songs. This one was just over $120 or so. I was more than satisfied with my new toy and would still be playing with it - if it hadn't died on me for no good reason.

Frustrated, I lifted my hands in capitulation - especially since a couple of my co-workers kept going on and on about how wonderful their iPods were, the thousands upon thousands of songs they held, how they didn't have to worry about batteries and how they could download podcasts. So last Thursday, I went to my local CompUSA and coughed up nearly $300 (and I do mean cough - hacked, actually, damn near strangled myself) and purchased the Apple iPod video 7500 songs, 30g, streamline black. Now not only can I play music all freaking day (week, maybe a year) long, but I can download videos and tv shows, which I spent most of last night doing. Finally got to see Monk ep "Monk Takes on Manhattan" which I'd missed last season. Downloaded a Battlestar Galactica ep and an ep from the now defunct remake of Kolchak (really wish I could find the original). Cherry on the pie: the pod even has a metal back for engraving.

So, how do I like my new plaything? Slept with it. No, I'm serious. Forgot to take off the earbuds and just drifted away. Didn't get to finish looking at Battlestar Galactica; gonna finish that on my commute.

I'm just so psyched! So Apple has a new adherent and I will be singing it's praises...unless it punks out on me like my previous mp3 players. Then I won't be so happy.

Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 3/05/2006 10:46:00 AM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins