Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Wednesday, May 02, 2007



Stuff from Boing Boing

Every so often I stop in to see what's going on at Boing Boing because they always seem to have some crazy stuff. Like the items below:


Man sues dry cleaner for lost pants to the tune of $67 million.

Here's the formula he's worked out:

(Pearson) believes he is entitled to $1,500 for each violation, each day during which the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" sign and another sign promising "Same Day Service" was up in the store -- more than 1,200 days.

And he's multiplying each violation by three because he's suing (Custom Cleaners owners) Jin and Soo Chung and their son.

He also wants $500,000 in emotional damages and $542, 500 in legal fees, even though he is representing himself in court.

He wants $15,000 for 10 years' worth of weekend car rentals as well.

I'm sorry, but unless the pants contained the man's package and nuts along with all his future seed when they were lost, I don't see any actual damages and definitely not the punitive damages. Geez!



Sell your cockroaches.

The Houston Museum of Natural Sciences is putting together an exhibit on entomology and needs your cockroaches. They've put out feelers (had to go there) for people to bring in at least 1,000 of these loathsome creatures. And they're paying 0.25 per head (uhm, exoskeleton).

Back in the day, when I had my first apartment (years and years ago), I would've been able to make a pretty penny. The infestation got so bad, I started to name some of 'em and wrote this story to make me feel better about their presence. Thankfully my landlord finally went with Orkin (after several years of pleading).

Labels:


Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 5/02/2007 02:45:00 PM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins