Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Wednesday, February 08, 2006



My First Novel

I’m usually reticent about having been self-pubbed (print-on-demand) as it turned out to be such a dismal failure, marketing wise. I had the foresight then to use my initials instead of my first name just in case the book didn’t work out; I didn’t want my record coming back to haunt me. Anyway, I see by the Amazon number for the book that there’s been some sale activity. This had to be through re-sellers as I’ve pulled the plug on the POD contract.

The book is entitled Celia: A Haunting Mystery, and it came out in 2002. The whole project was a rather fun exercise as it was my first novel and I wrote it more for enjoyment than with thoughts of book sales. Despite suffering from the usual novice errors (including POV shifts and some wordiness), the book received good reviews from readers as well as Midwest Review. As a couple of the Amazon reviewers noted, the book started slowly. (Another mistake of mine as I set up some scenes that really didn't advance the plot.) Here is the Amazon page for the curious.

Still, Celia will always be a work of love for me. Hopefully, I’ve grown as a writer and have learned from my earlier mistakes.

I was looking through some files on my computer at home and realized that I have the e-book version of the book. So here’s an offer for those of you who want to read my first effort. If you would like a free e-book of Celia, email me at scullars@hotmail.com, and I will forward you a copy. Note that it is a .pdf file, so you will need Adobe Reader.

Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 2/08/2006 08:09:00 AM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins