Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Tuesday, November 28, 2006



Song of the moment

I absolutely love Musiq's "Dontchange." It should be the anthem for everyone in love. When I first heard these lyrics a few years ago, I went online to see the reaction from other folks. One woman posted that she played it repeatedly and wanted to yell the lyrics from the rooftop so that her boyfriend would get a clue.

The song put me in mind of two instances I read or heard about: one in which a young woman was in a devastating accident the day before her wedding. She suffered severe facial lacerations that threatened to disfigure her for life. When her fiance heard about the injuries, he didn't even bother to come to the hospital nor did he bother to call again. The heartbroken woman had to figure out that she had been deserted even before getting to the altar. Happily, she found someone a year or so later, someone who loved her past her skin. And, happily, the fear of permanent disfiguration was just that - a fear. She turned out fine. But wasn't that accident kind of lucky for her; she might have suffered pain for a little while, but look at the long-term pain in the ass she avoided.

The other incident I believe I saw on a talk show. A woman recounted how she met her husband. He was a first date - a blind date - and all was going well when she suffered an attack from some condition - maybe sickle cell or something equally devastating. Her date calmly took her to the hospital and never left her side. She recalled how awful she must have looked: grimacing in pain, hair all in disarray, but this blind date whom she hadn't been sure she wanted to meet held her hand throughout and afterward called and visited for her during the whole hospital stay. After that, she knew he was the man for her and they later married within months.

Two instances, one who said love and didn't mean it, one who didn't even have to speak the word to express his feelings.

So when I read the first verse and especially the chorus of this song, I think of those two very different stories and how loving these words are:

[Verse 1]
Lately you've been questioning
If I still see you the same way
Cause through these trying years
We gonna both physically change
Now don't you know you you'll always be
The most beautiful woman I know
So let me reassure you darlin that
My feelings are truly unconditional

[Chorus]
See I'll love you when your hair turns gray
I'll still want you if you gain a little weight
The way I feel for you will always be the same
Just as long as your love don't change, No

I was meant for you and you were meant for me yeah
And I'll make sure that I'll be everything you need
Girl the way we are is how its gonna be
Just as long as your love don't change...

Yes, these words need to be sung from every rooftop of anyone who says they're in love. If they can't say it and mean it, then they need to leave the relationship because it's bogus. Here is the rest of the song:


[Verse 2]
Cause I'm not impressed, more or less
By them girls in the T.V and magazines
Cause honestly I believe that your beauty
Is way more than skin deep
Cause everything about you makes me feel
I have the greatest gift in the world
And even when you get on my last nerve
I couldn't see myself being with another girl

[Repeat Chorus]

[Verse 3]
So don't waste your time worrying bout
Small things ain't relevant to me
Cause to my understanding your all I want and need
See what I'm trying to say is I'm here to stay
Baby, baby darling I swear that I,
I swear I ain't going nowhere no.

[Repeat Chorus]

You are my baby
Don't you change baby
I love you, got to know,
Yeah, yeah

PS: The video of this song always makes me cry. If you've seen it, you understand why.

Labels:


Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 11/28/2006 06:14:00 AM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins