Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Monday, December 10, 2007




My hero of the moment

This time it's Jennifer Love Hewitt. Although I like her in Ghost Whisperer, I never thought of her as more than just a plausible actress. Still she has risen several points in my esteem simply by taking on the internet misogynists who have decided that she is no longer an icon of perfection. Seems some shady photographer caught Ms. Hewitt in a private moment and published the pics in all their glory, cellulite and all. But instead of screaming bloody murder as many other actors might have done when caught with their pants down, Ms. Hewitt refused to be cowed into shame or apologize for her imperfections. Instead she rallied:

"I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all the girls out there that are struggling with their body image."

I heartily agree. It's time young women (and us older gals, too) realize that the "perfection" you see in magazines and on screens are illusory, courtesy of some deft air-brushing, Photoshopping, and righteous camera angles.

So I give a thumbs up to Ms. Hewitt for her best feature - her stern backbone. She's made me less ashamed of my own imperfections.

Labels:


Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 12/10/2007 07:32:00 AM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins