Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Sunday, January 31, 2010



Choose Me

With a novella due out later this month, I'm already contemplating my next project. Although I'm still formulating the plot, I already know that I want to set it in the back streets of L.A. I picture dark streets and alleys with a noir ambiance to them. The primary locus will be a small jazz club with a bevy of odd characters coming and going. Noir can be dark, moody, sexy and no where is that seductively depicted than in the Alan Rudolph's 1984 movie Choose Me starring Keith Carradine, Lesley Ann Warren, Genevieve Bujold and Rae Dawn Chong. The movie also featured a jazz club amid the dark back streets of L.A., where prostitutes, lonely wanderers, the lovelorn, and in one case an escaped mental patient, converge in a series of quirky, love-crossed misadventures. The mood was set by a bluesy soundtrack sung by the late, great Teddy Pendergrass. Below is the original trailer that ran back in 1984 that had me eager to get to the nearest theater.

Labels:


Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 1/31/2010 09:31:00 PM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins