Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Wednesday, March 07, 2007




My computer crashed

The other day, adware started downloading while I was surfing and soon after a virus message began popping up. Before I could do a system restore, my system froze up. I couldn't log off, so I knocked it off via the surge protector. Bad move. When I rebooted, the system looped back to the safe mode page and wouldn't let me back into Windows. Which devastatingly meant that I would have to do a total wipe out with the recovery disk. Fortunately, many of my older documents and pics were backed up; unfortunately, my newer works-in-progress weren't.

Thankfully, my previous need for validation saved the day because I was able to e-mail friends and colleagues whom I had sent various works to for critiquing and ask if they could send the works back to me. They responded and I was able to retrieve at least the more important works. Needless to say, I will be doing backups on a regular basis now using old-fashioned disks (b/c I'm too lazy to pull the external hard drive out of the closet and hook it up to the USB everytime I want to back up). Lesson learned.

I also lost all of my saved emails in Outlook. There was one particular fan (Rebekah?) who wrote me the other day, and I fully intended to respond, but now I can't, so if you're reading this, Rebekah, thank you for your email. I appreciate the words of encouragement.

Labels:


Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 3/07/2007 07:31:00 PM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins