Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Tuesday, September 20, 2005



Who in the hell decided on a soundtrack for this movie?

I don't care how many critical accolades Hustle & Flow has received and I'm not about to enter into the controversy about another Oscar buzz surrounding the characterization of a less than law-abiding black male. But lo, what is this I hear from a passing car? None other than the lyrics that I distinctly remember playing in a scene in a televised review of H & F. And they go a little somethin' like this:

You think I won't beat that trick, whoop that trick...

That's as much was allowed to be played on television. But that whoop line is unforgettable. OK, forgive my naivete, but I really expected the songs from this movie not to be served up on a track because they are cartoonish versions of the venomous hardcore rap that's out there. But nah, someone decided there would be enough fools to appreciate lyrics like these - I came to bust a nigga head leave him bloody red, fighting for his life as they rush him to the Med - even though mouthed by a fictional character.

This post is in no way a diminishment of Mr. Howard's talent. Only a WTF were they thinking when they made this soundtrack. Now available at Amazon for those of you with less than discerning taste.

Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 9/20/2005 07:20:00 PM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins