Sharon's Muse.... Let's chat over coffee while I ponder some things

About Me


My Meez

   



Recent Entries



Archives



Personal


Interesting Sites



RAINE'S BLUES


GOLD MOUNTAIN


AGAIN


In Stores


Watch mini trailer


Clip of places featured in Again

Need Flashplayer to view. Give time to load.



TOOL & BAD BOYS



Short, Short Ebooks

Monday, September 04, 2006



Labor Day and dying on a job you love

I woke up today to read that the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, had died today in a freakish accident involving a stingray. And as sad as that news is, you realize that the man died doing what he loved. Nobody wants death, but death comes to us all. However, there's a living death too many of us go through when we give over 90% of our lives to jobs and careers that we hate or at the least don't really care about. And you have to weigh, what is sadder really.

I once read that you lose years off your life doing a boring job. I can believe it. My job as a research analyst doesn't excite or stimulate, and is only offset by the nice people I work with and of course, my writing. This isn't the career I would have chosen for myself. However, circumstances and necessity keeps me going.

When you love your job, life is better. Hell, the food probably tastes better and you are nicer to those around you. Watch out when that's not the case.

One day I hope to write full time and earn a decent living from it. I expect to wake up to a Seattle morning where I can see trees or water through my bedroom window. Then I'll commute all the way to my office - just around the bend from my bedroom. Where I'll look out on another view of the mountains and/or water. This fantasy keeps me plugging away.

So, rest in peace Steve. No matter the circumstances of your death, you lived life the way you wanted and in the end, that's what all of us are striving for.

Sharon Cullars Coffee Talk at 9/04/2006 10:10:00 AM Permanent Link     | | Home

---------------oOo---------------


Layout Design by Hajira Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins